Outlook 2013 has a brand new look. It’s cleaner. It’s designed to help you focus on what’s important with a clear view of email, calendars, and contacts. You'll be able to communicate more effectively by connecting efficiently with others.
You'll be able to handle messages better, because you can see everything you need to know at a glance. Preview messages in the message list, so you'll know which ones to read and act on first. Reply with just a click—you can type your response right in the reading pane. Or flag, delete, or mark messages read or unread right in the message pane so you can keep moving as fast as you need to without having to slow down to open individual messages.
- The People Card collects all the key details about a contact in one place: phone, email, address, company info, social media updates, even whether they’re available. From the card, you can schedule a meeting, send an instant message, or give them a call, making it a one-stop shop for all communication.
- Your calendar can tell you much more than just the time of your next appointment. You can add your local weather forecast right there in Calendar view, along with current conditions.
- Receive push-based email, appointments, and contacts from Outlook.com (formerly Hotmail)—all conveniently delivered right into your Outlook experience.
- The navigation bar speeds up communication. Use it to open your email, calendar, contacts, and tasks fast. Everything you need is there.
- Stay in the know. Get the very latest updates automatically from people in the social networks you rely on most—LinkedIn, Facebook, and others.
- With a single click, instantly see what's on your calendar today, next week, or next month. Choose from several intuitive ways to filter, arrange, and work with your email.
- Computer and Processor
- 1 gigahertz or faster x86- or x64-bit processor with SSE2 instruction set
- Memory (RAM)
- 1 gigabyte (GB) RAM (32 bit); 2 gigabytes (GB) RAM (64 bit)
- Hard disk
- 3.0 gigabytes (GB) available
- Graphics hardware acceleration requires a DirectX10 graphics card and 1024 x 768 resolution
- Operating System
- Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Server 2008 R2, or Windows Server 2012
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 8, 9, or 10; Mozilla Firefox 10.x or a later version; Apple Safari 5; or Google Chrome 17.x
- .NET version
- 3.5, 4.0, or 4.5
- A touch-enabled device is required for any multi-touch functionality. However, all features and functionality are always available by using a keyboard, mouse, or other standard or accessible input device. Note that new touch features are optimized for use with Windows 8.